Head of Corporate Actuarial - Cape Town
6 days ago
Head of Corporate Actuarial
Oversee and lead the actuarial corporate function, by producing both regulatory and financial results and proving strategic insights and direction to business in support of informed and innovative business decision making.
• Develop and maintain sound actuarial valuation and capital models
• Lead the analysis of results, liaising with auditors and preparation of internal and external reporting material.
• Ensure overall integrity of both liability calculations and embedded value calculations.
• Deliver statutory financial information in line with Group practices, policies, and timelines.
• Participate in providing financial insights and recommendations to proposed product developments, product changes and re-pricing.
• Contribute to the design and development of Group Finance strategies, policies and practices and oversee the implementation of finance strategies, policies, and practices.
• Create and implement frameworks and guidelines to ensure consistent reporting across the function and business.
• Provide executive management within the segment with advice and support on the financial and risk implications of business activities
• Continuously monitor turnaround times and quality standards of the overall team and resolve issues speedily.
• Build and maintain effective business relationships with other specialist / expert areas within Group Finance to manage service delivery in line with business expectations and requirements.
• Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholder and contribute to sustaining a competitive edge through external networking and benchmarking and representation on related forums.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g., clients, heads of product / function areas, product owners, segmental exco’s) to promote cross delivery practice solutions.
• Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional stakeholder service.
• Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
• Manage financial and other company resources with integrity and respect.
• Control the budget for area, including the authorisation of expenditures and implementation of financial regulation.
• Qualified fellow actuary (Essential)
• Registered with Actuarial Society of South Africa or a similar professional body of the Actuarial Profession (Essential)
• 10 - 15 years’ actuary experience (Essential)
• 5 years’ relevant experience in an actuarial valuations environment (Essential)
• 5 years’ people management experience (Essential) m21.6m