Health & Safety Controller - Port Elizabeth
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To ensure compliance to the occupational health & safety act and various other legal standards, in line with the Group Standards.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Implement, audit and maintain the Group Food Safety program and complying with legal requirements.
• Ensure legal compliance of the OHSACT with safety, fire and safety representatives.
• Ensure high standards of housekeeping.
• Ensure DC compliance with internal audits, procedure and policies.
• Ensure all insurance related queries, claims are handled efficiently.
• Safety awareness sessions monthly with various departments.
• Implement a safety awareness program for the Eastern Cape.
• Adhoc projects.
• Diploma in Safety Management / SAMTRAC
• At least 3 - 5 years’ experience in a risk control environment
• Knowledge of SHEQX system will be an advantage
• Computer literacy (Excel, Word and MS Powerpoint)
• Attention to Detail, have high work standards
• Building Strategic Working Relationships
• Communication Skills
• Quality Orientated
• Retail/FMCG knowledge
Preference will be given to applicants who reside in the Port Elizabeth / Uitenhage areas