Health Safety SHEQ Graduate - Hillcrest
more than 14 days ago
Occupational Health and Safety Graduate - Durban
Salary: R9000.00 Per Month
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for an Occupational Health and Safety HSE OHS Graduate for a 2 Year Fixed Term Contract in Hillcrest, Durban, eThekwini. This position requires an energetic job seeker, looking for exposure in the corporate environment to kickstart their career in OHS. The position consists of shifts and your own transport would be required.
Purpose of Position:
This position requires an energetic job seeker, looking for exposure in a manufacturing environment to kickstart their career in HSE OHS. Basic Knowledge of the requirements of the OSH Act, National Environmental Management Act, COID Act
• Grade 12; National Diploma in Safety Management
• SAMTRAC/HIRA/NOSA Certificate would be advantageous
• Ability to be self-manage and multitask, Ability to follow directions, Ability to lead and manage the performance of others, Timeliness
• Own Transport – Must be able and willing to work shifts
• Located in Durban, eThekwini - ideal for job seekers located in Hillcrest, Pietermaritzburg, Umlazi, Pinetown, Chatsworth, Phoenix, Umkomaas, Westville
• Able to start immediately
• Coordination and effective communication of accident/incident investigation documentation.
• Prepare toolbox talks and collate related data for reporting
• Conduct Risk Assessments and prioritize
• Provide SHE improvement proposals, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action.
• Attend meetings if and when required on behalf of the company’s SHEQ department
• Investigate the root cause of SHE concerns put forward by staff members, customers, clients and
contractors and report to the SHEQ Manager.
• Coordinate and participate in the investigations of incidents, accidents and near misses
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly SHE reports, statistics and presentations related to SHE performance
• Monitoring the implementation of safe working procedures, instructions and protocols at shop floor level
• Ensure effective safety communication at shop floor level with regards to inspections and emergency
• Report all problems and concerns to line manager immediately
• Ensure that a good standard of housekeeping is maintained at all times
• Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by
? Good communication skills; Problem solving skills
? Detail oriented; Organising skills
? Ability to deliver results in a very challenging and fast-paced environment
? Hungry to learn and be exposed to all facets on an international organisation and its policies and processes
Find Us on Social Media
Check out Our Site & Apply –
Apply Directly on our Contact Form - Attach your Microsoft Word CV, and complete all the required information - Candidate Contact | Complement Recruitment
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.