HVAC Technician - Durban
10 days ago
HVAC Technician (Kwazulu-Natal)
We have a vacancy for HVAC Technician who will be based in Kwazulu-Natal
If you appreciate a company culture that encourages ownership, innovation and client delight, you will thrive in our diverse, driven team.
Carry out Preventative Maintenance, Repairs and installation of HVAC system and Refrigeration.
· Maintain central plants (chillers, pumps, towers & controls)
· Maintain DX plants (package units, RACS, splits)
· Maintain VRV systems and electrical panels
· Maintain and troubleshoot building management system
· Supervise junior staff
· Liaise with customers on a daily basis
·Perform standby duties as per roaster
· Work unplanned hours in case of an emergency to ensure business continuity.
·Perform any other duties as delegated by Management
·Carry out repairs on HVAC equipment as per client requests and in accordance with
SLA and operational rules.
·Dispose of hazardous waste in line with the OSHACT
·Ensure each planned maintenance job card has task sheet attached.
·Ensure that all staff working on the job have appropriate PPE.
·Ensure that risk assessment and LOTO procedure have been followed.
·Ensure all tasks relevant to the planned maintenance are carried out satisfactorily, in accordance to legal requirements and OEM.
·Complete job card in full and obtain completion signatures.
·Submit completed job card for closing
·Report any follow-up work and any safety related matters noticed.
·Complete plant log book
·Train, develop and uplift junior staff through knowledge and skill transfer.
·Ensure that all tools used are well maintained, and the correct tools are used for the relevant trade
·Maintain good house-keeping in areas of responsibility
·Give feedback to helpdesk at each critical phase of the repair job.
·Demonstrate teamwork and readiness to assist fellow employees.
·Adhere to company Policies, Protocols and Procedures
·Ensure compliance to Occupational Health and Safety Act.
It should be noted that, for operational reasons, it may be necessary to perform tasks other than those described herein from time to time.
Prescribed procedures may be amended by management as and when required.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
· Grade 12
· Minimum 5 years relevant experience
· Experience on Central Plant
· Nationally recognised HVAC Qualification (Post Trade Test / N3)
· Industrial refrigeration Trade Test – (must have)
· Valid Refrigeration Licence – (must have)
· Refrigeration Inspector – (an advantage)
·Valid driver’s licence (Code 8)
·Knowledge and good understanding of applicable Health & Safety regulations and procedures
·Willing and flexible to work extended hours and/or outside of normal working hours where required
· willing to perform additional duties and cross function within the technical space
People and Management Skills:
· Good people relationship skills
· Leadership skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Customer focused
· Good and proven leadership skills
· Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
·Ability to handle and control difficult situations
·Able to act quickly and calmly in an emergency situation
·Willingness to walk the extra mile
Key Result Areas:
· Understand role of reporting to the business and client
·Understand interworking with various teams to ensure client financial compliances
·Understanding that feedback and communication is critical to success
Additional Responsibilities and Skills
The employee acknowledges that all duties performed will reflect on the client and will thus act in a professional manner at all times, as the company is a service provider, all necessary steps need to be taken to ensure that the service has been delivered according to client requirements, and to prescribed service levels
Please note, relocation costs will not apply
If you don’t hear from us in 14 days, consider your applicantion unsuccesful.