Interior Designer - Port Elizabeth - Port Elizabeth
more than 14 days ago
Interior Designer - Port Elizabeth
Salary: Market Related
Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for 2 x junior Interior Designers with high-end design experience to join our clients creative team. This position will suit an innovative, hands-on individual who has a keen eye for interiors and a discerning taste in Interior Design, furniture, and art.
• National Diploma or Degree in Interior Design, Current Portfolio of Evidence will be beneficial
• Strong working experience in Revit, AutoCAD and 3D Software and MS Office
• At least 2-3 years relevant experience (Residential & High End experience will be ideal)
• Ability to understand and formulate design concepts and present for discussion
• Ability to use a variety of media and software in the development and documentation of a design project
• Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail
• Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
• Able to remain calm and work in pressurized environments
• Own transport essential
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Sourcing and researching of imagery, ideas, specification, and new suppliers to use on various projects
• Collaboration with Architects to ensure the architecture has necessary space / requirements from a lifestyle point of view / how the space will work for the client in terms of functionality, furniture layout, etc.
• Furniture layouts / spatial planning of spaces
• Developing concept presentations in collaboration with team members
• Custom modelling of furniture, lighting, adding fabrics to scatters, sofas, rugs, etc. in collaboration with decor team
• Generating schedules on Excel at SD stage (schedule of all specs including finishes, lighting, equipment, sanware, hardware, electrical sockets and switches which have been agreed and approved by client during concept stage)
• Production of general floor plan package (SD stage) including, demolition, general floor plan / furniture layout, electrical and plumbing, lighting layout, reflected ceiling plan including HVAC and audio positions, floor and wall finishes plans, window treatment plan
• Production of detail drawings (DD Stage) of joinery and wet areas for costing and manufacture
• Responsible for sending out drawings during tender stage and communicating with suppliers accordingly to provide costs for quotations to client
• Factory visits - overseeing the manufacturing process and quality controlling at factories for all bespoke furniture and lighting being manufactured for client