Investment Analyst - Cape Town
13 days ago
Investment Analyst: Global Multi-Asset Class Portfolios
Managing financial risk, developing financial products, and balance sheet optimisation, pursuing investments and financing opportunities in assets, sectors, markets, organisations, and geographies that enable maximum return within acceptable risk parameters.
• Monitoring and implementation of portfolio asset class allocations.
• Liaise with compliance (re: mandate breaches) and operations teams (re: performance queries).
• Manage relationships with some underlying managers. These include listed and unlisted assets such as direct property, private equity, hedge funds, infrastructure and direct foreign loans.
• Performance and attribution analyses of the overall fund and the underlying managers.
• Perform some investment research and contribute to discussions on portfolio positioning.
• Debate and recommend various derivative structures and ensure correct implementation.
• Calculate, approve and ensure correct implementation of unit prices, fees / carry / rebates. • Calculate exposure limits / availability to various asset classes where required.
• Evaluate various investments as these arise and make recommendations.
• Instruct various trades and ensure correct implementation.
• Prepare regular and ad hoc reports as required. •
• Technical understanding of the different asset classes and the ability to communicate difficult concepts.
• Maintain current knowledge of tax and regulations.
• BSc, BCom, CFA, CA or CIS with 3 - 5 plus years related experience
• Quantitative training, e.g. actuarial science or quantitative finance (e.g. MSc in quantitative finance, FIA or FASSA etc.)
• Understanding of financial assets and instruments, including derivatives and structuring.
• Must have experience in the financial industry, e.g. life insurance, asset management, a bank's treasury.
• Company research and analysis/fixed interest/alternative investments/property
• Industry trends and market changes
• Stock Selection and Portfolio Model Construction
• Recommendations and presentation of results
• Rate of return analysis and calculations 2.8ms