JUNIOR EXTERNAL TECHNICAL SALES MANAGER - Johannesburg
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic junior sales manager for our Gauteng region to perform inter alia the following functions:
• Sales: Calling on architects, designers, specifiers, contractors, installers and property owners to tell them about our products, with the aim of having our products specified for their projects.
• Liaison and follow-up to ensure the successful management of the specification and supply of our products into such projects.
• Liaison with contractors and installers regarding installations and other technical issues to minimise the potential for on-site problems.
• Liaison with our Gauteng warehouse staff to ensure adequate stock planning, stock control and logistics efficiency.
• Liaison with customers to ensure good account management and timely payment for orders placed, within agreed credit terms.
• Assistance with compiling and controlling annual targets, budgets, plans etc. for the region.
The focus is firmly on specification / sales activities, and not on administration.
A suitable candidate would probably have the following attributes, skills and experience:
• Matric with a tertiary qualification
• Confident, engaging, friendly and outgoing personality
• Ethical and conscientious, with self-control and self-discipline
• Energetic, initiative, a self-starter
• Attention to detail, numerate
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in technical sales in the timber flooring and/or decking and/or carpentry industries. Good track record and references in technical sales.
• Experience in working and networking with architects and specifiers, and contractors/installers, with an existing network in these areas.
Salary will be market-related, and commensurate with experience. Package will be made up of basic, sales commission and allowance for travel and phone.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and short CV (max. 3 pages).