Learnership - Cape Town
Background to the company
A major Electrical Wholesaler in Southern Africa, the largest independent black-empowered electrical wholesaler, playing a pivotal role in providing the essential materials required for the electrification of large scale industrial and parastatal projects.
The company is the leading supplier of electronic cables, data cables, power cables, and networking cables in Southern Africa.
The Learnership opportunity
The company will be implementing a learnership project for unemployed Black youth (18 – 35 years old). This project will provide unemployed young people the opportunity to gain valuable workplace experience as well as a National Certificate in Wholesale and Retail Distribution at an NQF 2 level. Selected learners will be required to work in either a warehouse or retail environment and will be paid a monthly stipend. Successful learners will be paid a bonus at the end of the learnership and may be offered full time employment.
In order to be considered for the learnership, applicants must:
• Reside in Cape Town, close to Diep River or Montague Gardens
• Have a matric
• Be 18 to 35 years old
• Avail themselves for face-to-face interviews if required
• Be able to start on 1 May
• Be prepared to work over weekends from time to time
• Be serious about a career in an electrical wholesale environment
• Be prepared to complete Portfolios of Evidence after hours
• Must be diligent, committed and hard working
• NOT BE CURRENTLY STUDYING TOWARDS ANY OTHER QUALIFICATION