Life Valuations Manager/Actuary - Rosebank
• Lead, develop and motivate a team of 8 actuaries and actuarial analysts within the corporate and group structures.
• Maintain, develop and document the Life valuation team`s results, methods, and processes (based on the AXIS valuation system); this includes, among other duties, the setting of appropriate and up-to-date valuation assumptions, the production and reporting of annual and quarterly valuation results under IFRS/SAM/ Solvency II, the analysis of surplus and sources of earnings etc.
• Manage the agenda and the team for experience studies against the needs of the Life valuations team and the Life business development. This includes the insurance of and taking responsibility for the quality of the studies and the respective integration into valuation models.
• Discuss and present the valuation and experience study results globally. Ensure sound relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Assist with capital planning process including projections, scenarios and stresses for regular capital management and ORSA purposes.
• Implementation of IFRS 17 methods over the next 24 months.
• Provide management with information on significant and important movements in results and profitability.
• Assist management in modelling new business and assessing the impact on the existing book and capital.
Qualifications and Experience
• Qualified Actuary
• 5+ years’ experience of the Life Assurance/Reinsurance industry
• 5+ years’ managerial experience
• Very sound understanding of the relevant standards and principles; esp. IFRS, Solvency II and SAM.
• High experience in reserving processes.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
• Knowledge of data management processes and tools such as SQL
• Knowledge of AXIS would be an advantage
• Strong analytical skills and high attention to numbers and detail
• Strong communication skills