Marketing Copywriter - Randburg
more than 14 days ago
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The Marketing Copywriter plays a vital role in the Signa Group marketing department. The incumbent will be responsible for content development that adheres to the tone of the brand, meets the brief, and in support of business goals and project objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Qualification in Communications or Writing or equivalent
• Qualification in Marketing (Advantageous).
• Minimum 3 years junior in marketing copywriting.
• Experience in managing own projects.
• Experience in copywriting, editing, proof-reading, and creating new content.
• Experience in social media strategies and campaigns.
• Experience in working with employees, team members, suppliers, and clients.
• Experience in Google Search.
• Experience in MS Office and G Suite.
• Fully computer literate.
• Basic knowledge of all digital and social media platforms (Websites, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc.).
• Fluency in English communications (verbal and written).
DUITES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties of Marketing Copywriter include the following:
Marketing Department Assistance
• Represent the marketing department internally at Signa Group and be available to Signa Group staff members.
• Build trustworthy relationships a with all stakeholders.
• Liaising with the Signa Group on behalf of the marketing department.
• Assist the marketing department with initiatives as operationally required.
• Write compelling, precise, punchy, grammatically, original, persuasive, innovative, professional, creative copy that adheres to the tone of the
brand, meets the brief, SEO-optimised copy, and in support of business goals and project objectives.
• Working closely with the marketing team to devise a content marketing strategy that aligns with the company’s goals.
• Write content suitable for digital, broadcast, social media, print, news, and editorial platforms.
• Creation of a content marketing calendar to ensure regular content across digital and social channels.
• Adhere to strict briefs and deadlines.
• Ensuring alignment between copy, concepts, and brand objectives.
• Ensure content resonates with social media influencers to increase brand credibility.
• Tracking and reporting on performance of posts.
Content Development (Copy writing and editing)
• Content development for magazine and online articles and advertisements.
• Content development for the Signa Portal.
• Content development for specific project campaigns.
• Content development for case studies.
• Content development for social media posts.
• Content development for Signa Power of One and E-book.
• Content development for newsletters (both to employees and clients).
• Content development for collateral items, profiles, factsheets, and brochures.
• Content development for video collateral items, storyboards, and scripts.
• Content development for digital items, websites, and online platforms.
• Research, structure, write, rewrite, review, proofread and edit copy in general as operationally required.
• Research project specific content as required.
• Research company specific content as required.
• Research current industry news and market trends on a regular basis.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Friendly and efficient manner.
• Creative and analytical skills.
• Have good understanding marketing trends and insights.
• Exceptional copywriting skills in both long and short form copy.
• Ability to develop digital, broadcast, social media, print, news, and editorial content.
• Ability to write compelling, persuasive, innovative, professional, creative copy that adheres to the tone of the brand, meets the brief and in
support of business goals and project objectives.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Ability to source, compile, write and edit content.
• Strong communication skills (verbally and written).
• Effective time management to ensure efficient achievement of objects.
• Accuracy and attention to details.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Ability to multitask.
• Take ownership of activities.
• Ethical and trustworthy – able to work with sensitive and confidential information.
• Organised and professional, be respectable to others.
• Ability to work with strict deadlines and urgent requests.
• Hard working and self-motivated.
• Dress and act in a manner that enhances the reputation of the employer.
• Create an environment where challenge is the norm.
• Has courage to challenge the client, team and business thinking and provides detail and rationale to support the challenge.
• Is passionate about the client, work, their teams, and the Company.
• Presents positively in all that they do, with flexibility and in a positive attitude.
Start date: Immediately
Closing date: 10.08.2021
The company reserves the right to add, modify or remove this position at its sole discretion.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.