Master Technicians - Pretoria
11 days ago
Our well known automotive dealer client based in Pretoria and Durban are looking to employ 4 x Master Technicians as follows:
3 x Master Technicians - Pretoria
1 x Master Technician - Durban
N.B. You need to have a certified copy of your Master Technician Certificate which is not older than 2 years.
To Diagnose faults, repair and conduct set vehicle services vehicles according to prescribed standards of OEM South Africa Deliver high quality technical expertise to satisfy customers and honor distributor delivery values. Adhere to Company’s and OEM South Africa policies, procedures, expectations regarding your position as Motor Vehicle Technician.
Specific Role Responsibilities
• To carry out diagnostic work and support mechanics as set out by the Foreman to carry out fault diagnosis to aid and speed vehicle servicing
• To take steps to ensure servicing of vehicle, remains within the targeted percentages of the manufacturers'' time
• To discuss matters with service advisors and customers as required and provide lucid explanations
• To ensure standards maintained with vehicle care and safety whilst performing functions
• To ensure vehicles are returned to the customer after service in a neat and clean condition
• To recommend purchase of capital equipment Admin functions:
• To complete forms and documentation included in the company''s service routine
• To draft and prepare any reports required
• Mentor apprentices, sign off logbooks and evaluate their technical ability.
• Ensure effective communication with staff, across departments, with customers and service providers Willingness to participate in marketing campaigns when required for the furtherance of the business.
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12
• N6 trade certificate
• The following qualifications will be advantageous:
• Health and safety related qualification.
Skills and Personal Attributes Mechanical insight.
• Problem solving and motor vehicle fault finding skills. Mental alertness.
• Team player and Interpersonal competence. Customer orientated.
• Decision making and action orientated.
• Need excellent - Fix right first time track record.
• Knowledge of OEM operating computer programs ODIS, Elsapro.
• Be able to use Manufacturer diagnostic equipment / computer (Vas Machines) 2 - 3 Year Master Technician experience.
• Have sound English communication and writing skills to accurately record findings and work on job cards.
• Need computer skills.