Mechanical Engineer - Modderfontein
Design/ re-engineer existing products to enhance their performance, improve reliability and cost-effectiveness.
• Thoroughly and effectively troubleshoot problems and implement solutions of a mechanical nature.
• Select components, materials, finishes and shop processes necessary to meet the design requirements.
• Conduct research that tests and analyses the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary development team to develop world-class explosives initiation systems.
• Work as part of an integrated team with operations to ensure ease of manufacture and quality output.
• Selection and qualification of the suppliers related to the mechanical function.
Proven ability to take design from the concept phase to the final product.
Experience in designing products for medium to high volume manufacturing.
Knowledge in the area of machining, metal forming, welding, brazing, casting and especially cabling and connectors.
Important job requirements:
- must have mechanical vibration experience
- Must come from a R&D and testing background
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
3 years of mechanical design experience.
Work knowledge of Solid Works, Pro/Engineering or other similar computer-aided drafting tools.
Experience in mechanical vibration.
Plastics design experience, knowledge, and application of various processes (injection moulding, over-moulding, etc.) and materials.
Knowledge of materials (strength and composition) – Advantage.
The ability to work under pressure.
Problem – solving skills.
Verbal and written communication skills.
Team working skills.
Attention to detail.
Follow-up on action for completion
The salary in the range of R39,000 and R45,000 and the car allowance is R10,210 per month.