Mechanical Technician - Pretoria
more than 14 days ago
The Commercial Division seeks an individual to assume the position of Mechanical Technician in their operations based in Hartbeespoort. This position reports directly to the Services Engineer and carries a TASK Grade T13. The successful incumbent will be responsible for machinery, plant and process compliance as per the occupational health and safety standards. The incumbent must be in possession of Mechanical Engineering Tertiary qualification, 8 years engineering process experience with 3 years project management experience. A qualification in Project Management would be an added advantage.
• Assist with General Machinery Regulation Compliance.
• To ensure that high standards of quality control are maintained on contracts.
• To advise the Engineering Design Teams on standards of quality, finish and compliance with the specification, having due regard to the requirements of the Contract and the cost.
• Execute all works orders through delegating to department team members.
• Ensuring all job cards are correctly completed with all relevant and required information prior to signing off by the workman.
• Ensure that all schedules for area of responsibility area are adhered to and up to date.
• Implement a total preventative maintenance methodologies and programs.
• Identify safety critical preventative maintenance and implement schedules.
• Achieve or improve on budgeted cost of production.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES and SKILLS:
• Strong Leadership skills
• Good analytical skills and ability to take corrective action
• Good communication skills
• Good investigative skills
• High degree of computer literacy
• Strong Project Management skills
• Building strategic working relationships
• Customer Focus