Medical Technologist-PART TIME - Pretoria
The position involves performing various tasks relating to analysis of samples: from assisting to sample reception and
inspection, sample registration, performing sample preparation, conducting molecular, chemical, serological, and microbiological analysis as per company test services scope and competencies- to analysis of results, stock control and assisting the Quality Manager with maintenance of the quality management system. MUST BE REGISTERED WITH HPCSA
General Management System duties:
Reporting non-conformances upon observation
Implementation of corrective actions as required
Suggest improvement possibilities
Implement preventive actions as required
Participate in Laboratory Meetings
Assist with clearance of internal audit findings
Assist with Implementation of actions identified during management reviews as required
Maintains patient confidence and protects iMed by keeping information confidential.
Ethical behaviour at all times
Facilitate communication and involvement of all iMed personnel with the Management System
Ensures operation of laboratory equipment by calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control and hazardous waste policies and protocols; following established procedures.
Maintains quality assurance of the Laboratory through inclusion of positive and negative controls for each sample batch analyzed, inter and intra-laboratory testing and proficiency testing.
Assist with test method validation or verification
Testing related activities:
Assist with Sample registration and Sample labelling
Performs professional laboratory work following established clinic procedures and performs chemical and biological tests on patient specimens as per individual competency levels achieved.
Real time data recording and data management
Conserves laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
Maintains inter- and intradepartmental workflow by fostering a spirit of cooperation
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Verification and reporting of results as per official authorizations.
Qualifications, Training, and skill requirements
* B.Tech / ND in Laboratory / Medical Technology or related scientific disciplines
* Registration with HPCSA as a Medical Technologist (Clinical Pathology discipline is preferred
* Previous experience in a laboratory or medical setting
* Previous PCR and serology experience and/or HPLC-MS experience will be beneficial
* Strong analytical and documentation skills
* Able and willing to maintain strict level of confidentiality regarding laboratory results and records
* Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing
* Ability to organize and prioritize work for timely completion
* Acceptable Computer skills
* Previous experience in computer software applications
* Exceptional attention to detail and a good level of concentration
* Knowledge of the occupational health and safety act will be beneficial as well as previous experience working in a biosafety level II environment
following safety protocols
* Previous experience working in an accredited SANAS ISO Management system environment will be beneficial
Salary is Market related - Available immediately
If you have not heard from us within 14 working days, please deem your application as unsuccessful.