MS SERVERS and NETWORK ENGINEER - Fourways
This role has significant customer interface and the ability to engage meaningfully and with self-confidence at all levels within the customer organisation and environment is essential.
The successful candidate needs to be customer service focused as first priority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable and suitable network architectures that meet customer business
• At customer premises, configure and install various servers, network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, WiFi, VPN
• Perform customer network maintenance and system upgrades including installation of service packs
• Monitor network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
• 5+ years’ experience within a network support / engineering environment with a proven track record.
• Past experience dealing directly with an external customer base essential
• Min 3 years personally designing and maintaining network infrastructure systems
Education and Training
• National Diploma / Degree educated within a computer sciences discipline preferable
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
• VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization
• Cisco Certified Network Professional
Characteristics and Attributes
• Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimum to no supervision
• Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
• Above average written and verbal communication skills and ability to have effective and meaningful conversations at all levels and
designations of an organisation
• Good general knowledge base
• Engaging and open
• Personal grooming and presentation is non-negotiable
• Polite, well-spoken and amiable