National Key Account Manager - Boksburg
Our client is a global manufacturer and distributor of a premium product and they are looking for a dynamic, driven person who is results orientated with good business judgment.
Area: Kempton Park
Package: Basic Salary R55 000 per month Plus benefits (medical aid & provident fund), company car, performance bonus
Mission: Develop, expend and manage product offering of a select group of key accounts that operate in a given perimeter where the business relationship is primarily managed using the Key Account Planning process
Account & Opportunity Development
• Develops processes and procedures to optimize account management efforts and ensure sales goals (online, offline) are achieved.
• Conducts analysis of demand for product & services and influences stakeholders to ensure that the necessary resources are made to deliver required services.
• Initiates improvement in services, products and systems.
• Leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring that all customer needs and expectations are met.
• Advises sales team on products and services and issues facing clients.
• Monitors sales results, market competitiveness, and market trends and make recommendation when needed
• Implements client loyalty strategies in order to secure future business.
• Identifies business issues and opportunities by analyzing financial and non-financial data at the transaction level in the organization.
• Performs appropriate profitability analyses and makes recommendations to support short- and long-term decisions (e.g. break-even, relevant cost, contribution margin, linear programming, sensitivity and uncertainty analysis, etc).
• Expresses ideas/solutions in an appropriate manner to overcome resistance, complaints and frustration from others.
• Builds rapport with the other parties to foster positive and productive relationships.
• Effectively matches product knowledge to the implicit needs of the customer.
• Negotiates at senior level on technical and commercial issues, to ensure that customers, suppliers and other stakeholders understand and agree what will meet their needs, and that appropriate service level agreements are defined.
• Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new initiatives with the organization strategies and operations (Including Online business).
Customer Value Management & Business Partnering
• Establishes and maintains industry and client contacts for continuing good relations and business opportunity development.
• Develops profitable new business account relationships and opportunities for increased profitability from existing accounts.
• Defines and implements new sales processes and capabilities including territory management, key account and distributor management, and structured sales methodologies.
• Leads by example and fosters an environment of mutual trust through clear communication, open dialogue and consistent behavior.
• Forms alliances with people in different organizational units to work toward mutual objectives .
• Cultivates and develops new opportunities to build long-term business relationships.
• Designs and implements initiatives to increase current and future market penetration.
• Collaborates with marketing specialists to leverage product knowledge and promotions.
• Maximizes brand opportunities and aligns products and/or services with customer base.
Product, Service & Industry Knowledge
• For a given bid, evaluates product/service and direct competition in order to position own organization appropriately.
• Identifies & explains industry trends to customers
• Explains industry trends to customers.
• Uses knowledge of alternative products/services to enable upselling.
• Troubleshoots product related problems
• Experience of dealing and managing large corporate client accounts
• Strong personality to be able to stand their ground
• Valid Driver’s Licence
• Credit and criminal clear
• A post graduate Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, or closely related discipline from a recognised Tertiary Institution.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a managerial capacity.
• Computer literate.
• Demonstrate Problem-solving skills and negotiation skills
• Degree in Sales, Business Administration or similar relevant field
• Hands on experience with CRM software
• Applicable experience of sales performance metrics
• Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Customer oriented with strong negotiation skills