Ophthalmic Sales & Application Consultant - Johannesburg
more than 14 days ago
A high-tech multinational company in Johannesburg has a vacancy for a Sales & Application Specialist for its Ophthalmology division, specialising in Phaco (cataract surgery) products.
Provide sales and application support to our distribution partners across Africa to develop both South African and Rest of Sub-Saharan Africa cataract surgery and new ibase, specifically phaco and consumables and supporting existing network of distribution partners across Africa to increase opportunities and secure future growth.
• Grade 12
• Degree/Diploma in Biomedical Technology or Marketing
Industry and product specific, cataract surgery market, phaco sales and application knowledge and experience, complete customer order process, advanced computing, math, science, marketing, general business practices, business ethics, contractual terms and conditions
2 years of relevant phaco or ophthalmic surgical sales experience.
Local and internationally
Driver’s Licence and own transport:
Key or Core Activities of Job
• Prepare activity schedules, activity reports, prospect lists
• Sell products / Close deals
• Provide sales and application support to our distribution partners across Africa
• Promote products to (prospective) clients
• Arrange contract and payment details with client
• Find and contact potential new customers
• Build relationships with customers
• Arrange demonstrations / presentations
• Arrange deliveries / installation of products
• Handle clients’ queries in oral and / or written form
• Receive customer orders
• Arrange servicing of equipment
• Provide continuous feedback to PC Manager
• Keep sales records
• Organise and attend conferences / exhibitions
• Keep track of competitors
• Meet sales targets
• Train customers
• Follow-up on customer payments
• Arrange the ordering of equipment
• Arrange equipment for branches and congresses
• Arrange product related workshops, congresses and roadshows
• Assist representatives with specific product requirements
• Ensure marketing material for product is current and available
• Present market related data to Area Manager & PC Manager for budgeting
• Keep current records on competitive products
• Provide product training to representatives and dealers when required
• Provide product demonstrations when required.
• Develop both the local SA and Sub-Saharan Africa cataract surgery market creating new opportunities and growth potential in line with global requirements.
• Provide Sales and Application support of the company’s Cataract portfolio in South Africa and Rest of Sub-Sahara Africa specifically, phaco devices and related consumables
• Provide application support to current install ibase and new opportunities.
• Develop African market and provide application support for cataract surgery in existing and new ibase specifically phaco and consumables
• Conduct market analysis in the region.
• Support key opinion leaders in the cataract surgery field
• Lead marketing activities and events
Salary: depending on experience
Benefits: Car Allowance, Petrol Card, Medical Aid Contribution, Pension Contribution,
Apply with CV in MS Word