Order Picker/Packer - Stellenbosch
7k - 8k
8 days ago
Our client in Stellenbosch manufactures cosmetic products - they want to appoint a Order Picker/Packer.
• Pulls and packs product based on daily orders.
• Ensure product are picked and packed on FIFO system to ensure that the oldest products are packed first.
• Meets specifics of customer orders in a timely manner.
• Keeps products separated, organized and in good rotation.
• Sealing and tagging containers, confirming accuracy of orders and signing pick tickets to confirm.
• Monitor product quality frequently, reporting problems to mitigate safety issues.
• Utilizes continuous improvement mindset and assists in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
• Ensure that products packed meet our quality standard.
• Ensure that products packed are not expired or within 3 months of expiring.
• Ensure that the bulk picking store remains in a clean and orderly condition.
• Ensure that products in the bulk picking store remain in their designated storage location.
• Ensure that the bulk picking store is depleted and replenished of a FIFO system.
• Ensure that the fine picking store remains in a clean and orderly condition.
• Ensure that products in the fine picking store remain in their designated storage location.
• Ensure that the fine picking store is depleted and replenished of a FIFO system.
Safety, Hygiene and Housekeeping
• Ensure that all unsafe acts or conditions are reported to the Warehouse Supervisor to ensure that the workplace remains safe at all times.
• Ensure that all accident and incidents are reported and documented and assist in the investigation in accordance with the relevant SOP’s.
• Ensure that master cleaning schedules, sanitation logs and scale validation logs are completed and kept up to date.
• Ensure the relevant SOP’s are adhered to, to ensure that the equipment, environmental hygiene and GMP standards are met.
• Perform cleaning actions according to equipment schedule.
Ad Hoc Duties
• Carrying out various operations such as carton assembly, labelling, capping, cleaning, and packing
• Carry out any ad hoc duties as instructed by the Divisional Leaders in line with operation requirements.