Physical Production Manager (Family Status) Riyadh - KSA
more than 14 days ago
Physical Production Manager (Family Status)
Riyadh - KSA
Salary: USD 10K p/M- Negotiable
Our client is a high Profile a full-service program management and production company, specializing in the development of ambitious multi-platform arts and culture exhibitions and events with impact. Combining agile project management by in-house museum, arts and culture, design and architecture professionals with a vast network of partners, including world-renowned architects, designers, artists, curators, content providers, media and other industry experts to ensure the successful realization of our clients’ vision.
They excel in the development and production of large-scale, complex temporary and permanent exhibitions. Working closely with our clients, we strive to create unique multi-platform experiences that educate and impress audiences and stay with visitors long after they have left the venue.
Our Client Is seeking a highly skilled a Workshop Manager. This position reports CEO/COO and will be overseeing the Workshop/CAD/Carpentry/Fabrication and the incumbent will be responsible for the following.
Key duties and responsibilities
• To ensures that project deliverables are cost effective, met on schedule and of high-quality standard.
• Manage and maintain healthy relationships with the client as well as with the main contractor and sub-contractors, including the Craft Project Management team.
• Ensures coordination, delivery and installations of items installed are in line with the project program.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managing talent, recruiting talent and assigning the right people to the projects
• Handling the health and safety aspects
• Manage the Workshop, CAD, Fabrication & Carpentry and cascade all project tasks and information from the Master Project Plan to them.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
• Plan, process, create and execute project deliverables and adapt changing requirements in manageable working schedules for projects developing from initiation to completion.
• Identify resources required and assign individual responsibilities.
• Manage project aspects within Craft’s requirements and procedures with the assistance of Project Coordinators.
• Inspect and review deliverables prepared by teams before handover to client.
• Ensures project documents are completed on time, accurate, and filed appropriately.
• Set and communicate projects expectations to the assigned team in a timely ongoing basis.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve projects goals in the necessary available time frame.
• Proactively manage changes in any project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
• Update the clients with systematic progress report on a regular basis.
• Supervises fabrication installation operations and erection activities (fit up, welding and lifting).
• Co-ordinates and interfaces between fabrication/installation and pre-fabrication activities.
• Co-ordinates sub-contractors involved in the assembly stages.
• Ensures compliance with safety procedures and quality standards.
• Searches for the most efficient technical solutions.
• Provides quantitative data for producing the progress reports.
• Meeting with clients to establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria.
• Working on ideas as part of a team or developing design concepts using CAD (computer-aided design).
• Producing detailed, final hand drawings and specifications or, more likely, using dedicated computer software (CAD) to produce design specifications, including parts lists and costing.
• Making samples or working models by hand or using computerized prototyping equipment and Install fixtures and apparatuses; repair and replace hardware.
• Testing the design concept by computerized modeling or physical hands-on testing of models; researching materials, processes or market requirements.
• Occasionally travelling to clients' production facilities and evaluating the feasibility of production.
• Making presentations to senior design management or clients, either when bidding for a contract or to present design proposals.
• Work from design briefs to create design solutions for new products that are innovative, practical and suitable for manufacturing.
• Knowledge and experience of joinery environment and woodwork machinery is essential.
• Constructs custom cabinetry, joinery and furniture as needed; repairs or modifies furniture, stands as needed.
• Estimate and purchase tools, materials, equipment and supplies as necessary to perform assigned duties and tasks.
Essential qualifications and Requirements:
• Graduate in Bachelor of Arts, Design or Product Design
• Minimum of 5-6 years of experience in Fabrication, joinery or any related field
• Be able to make feasible decisions on your own when required.
• Can coordinate multiple projects timeously.
• Have good knowledge and experience, working on 3D design, CAD, model making, painting, prototyping, carpentry.
• Good knowledge of material properties – plastics/ wood/ steel etc.
• Basic knowledge of wood working machinery and model making equipment.
• Strong people skills and ability to manage the employees.
• Implementation & monitoring of the safety procedures in place.
• Technically minded regarding required repairs to machinery and alternative solutions when
• facing these problems.