Plant Manager - Uitenhage
• Responsible for achieving processing plant targets in line with strategic objectives.
• Developing, defining and implementing good manufacturing practices.
• Developing team and managing talent within the abattoir.
• Manage quality products.
• Optimizing product distribution in the processing plant
• Control operational budget for the abattoir and ensure that cost controls are adhered to.
• Manage Industrial Relations
• Drive a high food safety culture (FSSC 22000 accreditation retention).
• Ensure implementation of effective and efficient occupational health, safety and environmental management system (NOSA 5 star accreditation retention)
Critical Competencies and Skills:
• Engineering, Food Processing, Production or relevant tertiary qualification
• Strong Leadership skills
• High degree of computer literacy
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
• Good Project Management skills
• Sound technical experience