Process Engineer - Johannesburg
more than 14 days ago
16-09-2021 6:10:56 AM
Process Engineer Selby, Johannesburg (FMCG)
R42 000 CTC
Reporting to: Group Engineering Manager
• A Bachelor of industrial or chemical engineering. (or higher will be advantageous)
• Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency (mandatory)
• Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word)
• Experience with process optimisation and standard operating procedures.
• Food manufacturing experience is preferable.
• Experience working with Computer -Aid Design( CAD) and AutoCAD
My client is seeking to employ a motivated and dynamic candidate with excellent people skills as well as passion for testing and evaluating the processes to locate inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvements to quality, productivity, safety, and cost.
The candidate must be able to work independently in a structured and logical manner and be able to plan so that strict deadlines are met timeously. The candidate should preferably have experience in an FMCG manufacturing environment.
• Dedicated Process Engineer to the Ready meals production facilities in Johannesburg.
• Applying technical expertise to drive continuous improvement in the production facilities to improve operating efficiencies (OEE’s), reduce manufacturing costs and improve product quality.
• Meeting with production managers to assess existing processes.
• Drafting process ideas to reduce costs and improve production rates.
• Performing risk assessments.
• Designing and testing process upgrades and new process systems e.g. Defining of new manufacturing procedures through detailed process instruction.
• Ensuring processes comply with safety and quality standards.
• Performing process simulations and troubleshooting issues.
• Performing optimization tests.
• Developing routines and best practices to ensure product quality.
• Developing standardized operating instructions for the upgrades process.
• Providing the Group Engineering Manager and Factory Manager with process documents and standard operating procedures.
• Monitoring upgrades systems.