Production Shift Manager - Pretoria
more than 14 days ago
21-12-2021 2:39:43 PM
Sovereign is inviting applications from suitably qualified and skilled candidates for this position within their Commercial Division, based at the Hartbeespoort operations. The successful incumbent will report directly to the Processing Manager. A NQF Level 6 qualification in Production Management or relevant with a sound technical background in Mechanical/Electrical enqineering is a requirement, with a minimum of 4- 6 years’ experience in managing a production team. The position carries a TASK Grade of T12.
• Ensure that all products produced adhere to quality and food safety requirements.
• Define and implement manufacturing practices throughout the Plant.
• Drive the company profitability through production of an agreed optimal sales mix.
• Maximize throughput and efficiencies to world class standards.
• Ensure that the Temporary Employment Service Providers are supplying the required skills & resources in line with the agreed budgets.
• Develop and manage talent within the abattoir.
• Review all key production results on a daily basis and highlight all emerging trends and ensure that corrective action is taken or that positive developments are understood and capitalized on.
CRITICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• FMCG equipment set ups and maintenance.
• Leadership competencies.
• Good knowledge production methods.
• Ability to take corrective action.
• Good communication skills.
• Computer literacy.
Preference will be given to applicants of designated groups, as defined by Employment Equity Act.