PROGRAMME MANAGER - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
SOS Children’s Villages is a social development organisation, focusing on the care, protection and development of children and youth who are orphaned or vulnerable. Our mission is to build families for children in need, help them to shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
We are in the process of recruiting for a Programme Manager to be based at the Cape Town Programme.
THE PROGRAMME MANAGER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Programme Development and Management
• Monitoring and Evaluation
• People Management and Development
• Financial and administrative management
• Implementation of a quality assurance system
• Partnership Management
• Local Fundraising and Public Relations
• Risk Management
• Understanding the SOS Organisation and leading by example
THE PROGRAMME MANAGER WILL BE EXPECTED TO HAVE:
• Understanding of NGO’s operations, best practices and market trends.
• Understanding of the Child and youth development principles.
• Knowledge of programmes in an NGO environment.
• Knowledge of the South African legislation governing NGO’s and their operations.
• Good budget and financial skills.
• Good understanding of HR and Organisational Development.
• Strong negotiation, communication and networking skills.
• Good knowledge of Children`s rights.
• Basic Knowledge of Fund development.
• Knowledge of programme management, monitoring and evaluation.
• Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the programme area.
• Knowledge of the SOS Model will be an added advantage.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Minimum Honors degree in Child and Youth Development / Social Work or equivalent.
• 5 years’ relevant experience within the non-profit sector, preferably in the child environment.
• Minimum 3 years of management experience.
• Strategic thinking, Innovation and problem solving, Presentation skills, Programme and project management skills, Planning/organizing and coordinating skills, Customer relationship building, Conflict Management, High level Communication, recognize business development opportunities, Adaptability and change management skills to effectively cascade down business changes.
• Valid SA driver’s license.
• Fully computer literate.
• Must be fluent in English.
The successful incumbent must be a highly motivated and organised individual, able to work independently, use initiative and keep commitments. Willingness to travel frequently.
Contact will only be made with shortlisted candidates