Projects Coordinator - City Of Johannesburg Metro
City Of Johannesburg Metro,
more than 14 days ago
14-02-2020 1:09:43 PM
The primary job objective of the Project Coordinator position within the Technical Department is to coordinate projects and technical activities for engineering, work shop and loss control. The responsibilities of this position will also be to coordinate benchmarking studies, quality review meetings, procedure and standards development and review, update contractors workshop, time studies and suppliers’ audits.
• Reporting to Project Engineer.
• Effectively report on Projects to all stakeholders (internal and external).
• Providing a Project Coordination function and managing contractors effectively
• Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
• Managing the Safety Health Environmental Quality (SHEQ) during project executions with the assistance the SHE Officer.
• Project Contract Management.
• Chair site meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members.
• Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
• Commissioning of Project with the Planning and Projects Engineer
• Issue project RFP’s, tenders, budgets, cash flows and preliminary schedules
• Track the progress and quality of work being performed by contractors and operations department
• Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects budgets and time and quality.
• Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team.
• Assist the PM in the review of Contractor quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval.
• Track & manage contemplated change notices and change orders in the database.
• Prepare substantial completion certificates and ensure all required project close out documents are obtained.
• Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others.
• Keep Technical Manager and all stakeholders informed about project status and issues that may impact the projects.
• Projects Managements certificate
• Minimum Diploma in Management, Science or Engineering Qualification
• Management of Construction Projects
• Understanding of Pressure Equipment Regulation
• Coordinating Commissioning of Gas Pipelines
• 3-4 years related experience.
• Knowledge of Contracts Management, Cost Tracking, Quality Management, and audit processes
• Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act, Project Management Principles
• Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management and Construction Regulations
• Technical / System background