Property Treaty Underwriter - Rosebank
• To maintain a centre of technical competence in respect of all property treaty underwriting aspects with respect to allocated clients and markets.
• Assessing and writing treaty offers in accordance with the underwriting guidelines, internal processes and authorities.
• Cooperating with client management to ensure that optimal service levels to clients are maintained including meeting clients and/or negotiating treaty terms and conditions.
• Developing, executing and monitoring client strategies for the property treaty line of business strategies.
• Providing technical guidance and leadership to clients through training, coaching, preparation of handbooks etc.
• To prepare/receive underwriting referrals for consideration, approval and/or onward transmission to management.
• Conduct internal reviews of underwriting quality and make recommendations.
• Actively contribute to ensure opinion leadership within the Property Arena.
Qualifications, experience and skills
• Minimum of 5 years underwriting experience in reinsurance
• Property fire underwriting knowledge will be an advantage
• Capabilities and passion to actively conduct and solicit business opportunities.
• Good IT and analytical skills.
• Good communication, negotiation and presentation skills