QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER - Cape Town
7 days ago
Quality Control Manager
Leading Food Production company is looking for a Quality Control Manager to take responsibility for ensuring that the Food Safety system is developed, updated and/ or improved, implemented and maintained
• Develop, update and/ or improved, implement (where necessary), and maintain the robust Food Safety Management System in place to conform to FSA, FSMS & GFSI, R1.46, SANS585, SANS788 and other related food regulations and legislation.
• Overseeing the Prerequisite Programs, Food Defence, Food Fraud and documentation thereof
• Conduct hazard analysis and identify CCP’s, CP & Critical Limits.
• Conduct monthly Food Safety Meetings and obtain relevant trends and information for discussion.
• Establish and monitoring systems & maintain controls and documented procedures.
• To provide technical expertise to the team and help ensure the appropriate testing techniques are used to find defects early in the test cycle.
• Conduct and assist with third party inspections and/ or audits (i.e. Pest Control).
• Liaise with regulatory officials ensuring compliance and assist in sample preparation.
• Drive the adoption of quality standards, practices, toolsets, and processes across all areas of the business.
• ND/Degree in Food Technology or BsC in Food Science Biotechnology or Microbiology or related qualification required.
• Young, vibrant, go-getter, with good interpersonal-, communication and customer service skills.
• Any additional qualifications in Quality Control and/or Food Safety advantageous
• Internal Auditing training advantageous
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills required to manage and oversee a quality team with the ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Own transport
• Minimum 3 years related experience (management of staff) - FMCG experience advantageous
• Seafood knowledge advantageous