RESIDENTIAL PORTFOLIO MANAGER - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
VACANCY IN CAPE TOWN
Communicare is a dynamic and independent social enterprise that responds to the country’s housing crisis. We manage a growing residential portfolio in the affordable and social housing markets. Our social enterprise business model makes us the most sustainable provider of discounted rentals in South Africa. We also have a social development arm providing support services to our tenants, such as life skills, job seekers, and active aging programs. We’re not just another landlord. We make a difference!
Call for an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Portfolio Manager to join the Communicare team.
We are looking for an experienced Portfolio Manager to join the Rental Property Management team to manage the Shared Future and Mother City portfolios. As a successful candidate, you will overall be responsible for the performance of a defined and growing property portfolio to achieve targeted returns through careful analysis, planning, and efficient management to optimize the return on investment and drive operational efficiencies over the short, medium, and long term
Overall, you will be responsible for the following functions within the Shared Future and Mother City Portfolios:
1. Portfolio Management
2. Financial Management
3. Customer Services
4. People Management
5. Rental Concessions
QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES / SKILLS:
• Commerce or property degree/diploma
• 3 years’ experience in property portfolio management
• 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in property management generally
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisory position
• Knowledge and understanding of the legal framework governing property law in South Africa.
• Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Deep experience in and knowledge of the residential property market
• Knowledge of the Social House Act and Regulations
• Working knowledge of lease agreements, contract management, budgeting, debtors, and financial statements.
• Sound understanding of residential property management.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
• Computer Literate (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) Experience in MDA and Microsoft CRM is advantageous.
• Proficient in English. The ability to comprehend, speak and write Afrikaans or isiXhosa is advantageous.
• A valid Code EB (08) driver’s license & own vehicle.
REPORTS TO: General Manager: Rental Property Management
What makes this job awesome? Among other perks, we have flexible working hours, actively promote learning and professional growth, honour employee wellness, and have cultivated a culture of accountability, integrity, respect, and excellence.