Senior Actuarial Specialist - Sandton
more than 14 days ago
Senior Actuarial Specialist: Investments
Calculation of the investment valuation results and reporting processes, smooth bonus calculations, providing insights to the business, and ensuring appropriate reserves and capital are held.
Participation in various projects, which will present opportunities to develop further insights and influence reporting within and across the various teams.
Involved in the implementation of the development projects, particularly the IFRS17 project, in the investment products.
Investment reserving, embedded value, capital and business insights: Involved in the valuation process and provide insights on the investments financial results and performance, while ensuring appropriate controls, including:
• Market consistent embedded value
• Value of new business
• Analysis of surplus and embedded value
• Solvency capital calculations
• Earnings at risk
• Experience investigations
• Development and maintenance of tools to analyse actuarial data and results in order to enhance management reporting
• Produce reports providing insights into business results and emerging trends
• Bonus declarations on smooth bonus products
IFRS 17 development and implementation: Involve in the implementation of IFRS17 in the group assurance products:
• Data and infrastructure implementation
• Policy and methodology formulation
• Transition calculations
• Actuarial modelling support
• Actuarial and finance process enablement
• Business impact analysis
Process efficiency and automation: Ensure processes are efficient, robust and fit for purpose. Ensure the control environment is adequate and effective.
Ad-hoc projects: Support the delivery of relevant projects objectives, as and when these arise
• Qualified actuary or Senior Actuarial student with at least 4 years actuarial experience
• Strong technical skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively to diverse technical and non-technical audiences (written and verbal)