Senior Business Analyst - Durban
• Investigate and describe current business processes, identifying the organizational structure undertaking and supporting the business activities.
• Identify cultural, organizational and business constraints affecting options for change.
• Establish an understanding of business aims and develops alternative processes to achieve them.
• Assess the risks, costs and potential benefits of alternative business process designs.
• Responsible for investigative work to seek effective business solutions, and organize their implementation through improvements in information systems, data management, processes, procedures, organization and equipment.
• Applies and monitors the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards in an intelligent and effective way.
• Co-operate with senior client and IS staff as required, conducting investigations at a high level for strategy studies, requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
• Utilise business experience and skills to assess and advice on the practicability of alternatives, marrying up technical limitations with operational realities.
• Take responsibility as needed for the detailed specification and modelling of recommended solutions using resources, standards, methods and tools as required.
• Maintain links with appropriate counterparts within both architecture and service delivery functions and play a full part in bringing systems to implementation as detailed by organization policies and methods.
• In all assignments, ensure that account is taken of any potential safety-related aspects of work undertaken supervising, as called for, the use of specialised techniques, tools and methods in analysis, modelling and design.
Qualification and experience:
• BSc (Information Systems)
• BCom (Information Systems)
• Professional Qualification Level 6
• 5 years’ experience as Business Analyst (CM) OR has significant business experience (minimum 6 - 7 years) with at least 4 years’ experience in business analysis methods and techniques or business process management.
• Public Sector experience, procurement business process re-engineering