Senior Facilities Manager - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
21-01-2022 7:05:58 AM
Our client, the leader in property management in South Africa, seeks to appoint a Senior Facilities Manager who will manage a team of Industrial Building Managers. The successful incumbent will have a minimum of 5 years technical facilities management experience as well have sound people management experience.
Our client seeks an individual with strong problem solving abilities and sound technical acumen across all aspects of building management. Being results orientated and able to function effectively within a high pressure environment, is an essential requirement in this role.
• A minimum of 5 years technical facilities management experience.
• A relevant technical qualification will be advantageous.
• A solid understanding of all aspects of building management.
• Knowledge and understanding of leasing agreements and accounting principles is a prerequisite
• Strong technical abilities ie; electrical, plumbing, HVAC etc
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail orientated.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Sound negotiation skills
• Sound and well developed people management skills.
• Exceptional relationship builder at all levels, with a consultative approach
• Intelligent self-starter, showing initiative and ability to work autonomously
• Able to thrive in an environment that frequently questions and challenges
• Hard worker who works well under pressure and is deadline focused and results driven
• Leadership and taking ownership
Key Performance Areas:
• Set and implement planned / preventative / emergency maintenance, in conjunction with the property and portfolio managers
• Ensure that life cycle planning and preventative maintenance plans over a 3, 5 & 10-year period are set for properties under management
• Manage projects and tenant installations, including monitoring their implementation and asserting budgetary control in conjunction with the project team
• Ensure that deliverables from service providers are met within time, budget and contract
• Ensure we keep ahead in changing technical market trends – in conjunction with Project Coordinator
• Asset identification / control and management of the Asset register
• Responsible for both hard (technical) and soft (operational services) such as but not limited to security, cleaning, landscaping, pest control, etc.) services for the portfolio
• Prepare monthly reports including budget variance of technical budget
• Liaise with clients with regards to complaints & queries of a facilities nature
• Ensure timeous response to complaints received from tenants
• Manage technical / housekeeping / take-back /service contract inspections
• Complete housekeeping letters and reports Financial Management
• Prepare & manage the technical budget (Capex & R&M)
• Projections (Capex and Opex)
• Cost stabilization (deliver against budget)
• Manage insurable risk and facilitate regular risk inspections
• Manage and ensure compliance with statutory, environmental and occupational health and safety regulations Procurement Management
• Set and coordinate service level agreements for approved service providers in conjunction with procurement department
• Implement value management principal in the portfolio in order to obtain advantageous pricing structures at all times
• Vendor Management (Compliance)
• SLA Management in conjunction with procurement
• Bulk buying leverage in conjunction with procurement
• Ensure that procurement policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
Utilities and Sustainability
• Implement energy savings programs, environmental & sustainability methology to the portfolio
• Ensure efficient utilization of municipal services and utility management
• Implementing green principles
Manage Human Resources
• Co-ordinate & manage the building managers and facilities co-ordinator and ensure that deliverables are met effectively
• Staff management in terms of performance management and staff empowerment
• Conflict management (Internal and External)