Senior Full Stack Developer Laravel Vue.js - Cape Town
Our core technology stack is Laravel 5.3 + VueJS, and we are looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer that will be participating in our product development from ideation to deployment and beyond. Working as part of a cross-functional and multicultural team, the full-stack developer will play a key role to improve our product line and execute new features or products.
The ideal person for this role is a problem-solver with an inquisitive and innovative mind and loves to collaborate with other teams to drive the product forward.
• Make architecture and technology choices for new product features and take real ownership as we continually improve our platform for our users.
• Be accountable for the development environment and ensure that web infrastructure remains stable. Ensure the quality and usability of deliverables.
• Focus on the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
• Write clear code, which is extremely scalable and maintainable along the time and across locations.
• Maintain site updates, fixing and troubleshooting bugs, and improving performance.
• Be able to estimate and communicate project progression, promote appropriate web strategy and execution.
• Staying current with trends in web application development and design and regularly assesses technological processes and makes recommendations to improve effectiveness.
• MSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
• 7+ year’s software development experience of web-based applications with PHP, in a competitive environment.
• Excellent knowledge of the Laravel framework.
• Proven track record of successful development of at least 1 PWA.
• Excellent knowledge of Modern Front End Framework ( a huge plus).
• Extensive experience implementing responsive designs which work across platforms.
• Working knowledge of Amazon web services
• Fluent English and good verbal and writing communication skills.
• Working experience in an agile team environment is a big plus.
We are continually adding and improving our benefits but here are some of the perks we offer:
• Private healthcare
• Half Fridays
• Complimentary catering and as much coffee as you can drink!
Basebone is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.\