Senior Product Developer - Sandton
more than 14 days ago
My client, a leader in Customer experience design and software design development is looking to hire a Senior Product Developer (CX/UX/UI) for a 12 month contract.
Based in Sandton, Johannesburg, this position allows for office or remote working opportunity.
The designer will be involved in the end-to-end design process and own the customer experience from start to finish. You are tasked with owning the experience of a product and not just the delivery of a prototype. We are seeking a senior design consultant interested in enabling the clients vision and creating tangible outcomes that positively impacts business, technology and users.
The designer will join a team a highly experienced senior and lead designers within the CX and UX space. You are expected to work on multiple projects (nationally and internationally) and professionally manage your deliverables while at client. Our clients range from small start-ups to big corporates and require experienced individuals capable of running large scale projects within the organisation.
To qualify you have:
- A degree within a design related field (bachelors or post graduate degree)
- Proven UX experience with a portfolio that demonstrates a design thinking approach to solutions for Android, iOS, and web
- Relevant UX-related qualification from an accredited institution. E.g. IDF, HFI.
- 4+ years experience in user experience & visual user interface design.
- Ability to create clean, visually consistent designs.
- In-depth knowledge of wireframing and prototyping tools such as InVision and AdobeXD
- Understanding and appreciation of standard user interface design concepts and processes.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences at various levels of our organization.
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple design requests in a timely fashion, with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience testing websites and software on a variety of platforms including iOS and Android mobile and devices.
- Previous experience with user centered design principles and practices, web/mobile standards, typography and color, and web/mobile usability standards.
- Have contributed as a leader in design and a strong collaborator across product managers and engineers.
- Knowledgeable in creating wireframes, visual mockups graphics, user workflows, and low and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Ability to work with designers and developers to implement new ideas.
- Experience in the financial/insurance industry would be highly beneficial
- Experience in managing a team within an Agile environment would be beneficial
This position is open to candidates of all races and genders and who are legally entitled to work within South Africa.
If you meet the criteria as listed, and are interested in learning more about this position and company, please apply now.