Senior Technical Buyer - Johannesburg
more than 14 days ago
19-10-2021 9:19:43 AM
A renowned Manufacturing company based in Boksburg is looking for a Technical Buyer.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Negotiate and enter into multiyear cost effective contracts with major supplier in conjunction with Executive Manager Procurement and GM Supply Chain.
• Determine and ensure strategic suppliers for the specific specialised area or commodity existence in the long term.
• Procurement of all production material, non-production materials, Capex, maintenance requirements and services locally and overseas.
• Responsible for the Procurement Process, price evaluations, cost analysis, negotiations and final procurement selection of suppliers.
• Finalisation of Contracts/SLA's and the management thereof over the contract/SLA period.
• Ensure on time delivery of goods to customers.
• Liaise with Cross Functional teams for inputs in selection of new RDM suppliers.
• Ensure that the regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
• Preparing and executing cost reduction strategies and Value Engineering Projects.
• B Comm/B Tech/Technical Qualification or relevant NQF Level 6 Management Qualification.
• Technical qualification and/or Commercial qualification will add an advantage.
• 10 years procurement experience with at least 3-5 years on management level.
• 5 years procurement experience in a Technical / Mechanical Environment.
• 3 years material handling exprience.
• Project management experience.
• Strong Commercial Orientation and Planning skills with highly organised approach.
• Excellent Negotiation and Communication Skills.
• Advanced Computer Literacy ( MS Office Packages and SAP)
• Ability to work independently, show initiate and demonstrate good judgement.
• Good Problem solving skills.
• Sound financial and technical background
• Driver`s License is essential.