Service Desk Agent
more than 14 days ago
16-10-2021 3:09:32 PM
Service Desk Agent
Up to R320 000 pa. Working from home during Covid. Urgent start and the job spec closes on 25 Aug
Responsible for the timely and effective response to IT user queries and problems through the receipt and logging of problems and the co-ordination of rapid and appropriate responses for higher-level problem resolution and advice on both new and established systems. Acts as liaison between users and information technology department on problem areas, managing client expectations. May manage the incident to completion.
• Provide a complete and informed response on first contact to all customers (single point of contact).
• Provide first-line support where possible to customers.
• Log and manage all calls, service requests and incidents from end-to-end, including escalation to third parties, follow up and feedback to customers.
• Communicate and liaise effectively with end-users, colleagues and other service providers at all levels.
• Ensure customer satisfaction and continuity of service is managed, by following specific procedures but also by recommending and developing (where appropriate) improvements to these processes/procedures and ensuring they evolve with the organisational goals
• Compile and manage IT service-related documentation, administration and reporting where applicable
• Gives telephonic training on systems.
• Conducts trend analysis of series data to determine common occurrences and recurring issues.
• Determines absolute cause of problems by either recreating the issues in a test environment or reviewing system design.
• Co-ordinates and ensures that adequate training is provided for users
• Interacts with operational and first line supervisory/management personnel within the client/user area. Demonstrates the ability to influence clients. Participates in meetings with users along with project manager. Responds to user service requests. Participates in and conducts meetings with the user. Keeps clients informed of status via standard reporting techniques. Meets the continuing service needs of a user group, including requests for changes in work content. Meets unplanned requirements without disruption in service levels. Successfully gains access to both clients and consumers.
• Successfully access information and prepare reports of moderate difficulty. Has demonstrated knowledge of basic databases and other sources of information to design and present reports.
• Successfully demonstrate the skill in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generaly works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments. Has retained equivalent knowledge from past experience. May have successfully completed in-depth training in core components of the skill.
• Successfully demonstrate knowledge of Business Requirements Definition in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Able to identify potential problems through basic analysis and develop appropriate test cases to assure effective testing of the application. Can analyse a Business Requirements Definition to determine processing flow, testing scenarios and user requirements. Familiar with the steps necessary to complete a Business Requirements Definition for more advanced systems.
• Has successfully used the tool in situations of medium complexity. Occasionally needs assistance from internal technical support in usage of the tool. May have successfully completed in-depth training in core components of the skill. Able to install and upgrade the tool.
• Active involvement in first line support
• Understand office product, and operating systems
• Be able to remote to users machines (basic diagnostics)
• Customer service experience
• Deskside and service desk experience
• Need to have experience on a variety of systems, and not once specific system (e.g. SAP, exchange, windows 10 etc.)
• Relevant IT qualification
• At least 3 years of experience in IT and/or administration
• Advanced level of computer literacy (MS Office, etc.)
• Experience in IT procurement, inventory management, vendor management beneficial
• Experience in diary management beneficial
• IT understanding beneficial
• At least two years’ experience with Desktop support (hardware/software troubleshooting) m19.8s