SYSTEM TECHNICAL SPECIALIST - Pretoria
Key Performance Area • Assist with set up and maintenance of client IT Azure infrastructures and software.
• Works with the client to elicit requirements and capture business needs.
• Manage technical processes on the client’s behalf to remove technical frustrations and potential business delays due to support interventions.
• Provide performance monitoring, to identify any service issues.
• Operation and administration of most of the IT systems used to manage, monitor and configure all the technical systems in the Azure environment.
• Serve as a liaison between other technical staff, management, users, and vendors regarding service requests, usage, standards, security, and other technical matters
• Deliver stable and responsive server, network, storage, and backup services and software development Azure infrastructure
• Azure Database Performance Monitoring and Tuning
• Weekly and Monthly feedback on status of Database environment
• Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
• Communication of the business and technical requirements to the technical team using an agile methodology.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience • Computer viruses and security
• E-mail and internet programs
• Computer networks, network administration and network installation
• Computer and software troubleshooting
• Ability to install and administer computer hardware, software and networks
• Microsoft Azure experience
• Deployment knowledge
• Software Development experience will be an advantage
Competencies • Good interpersonal, communication and listening skills
• Ability to interact with all levels of personnel (both the IT and user community)
• Technically savvy
• Logical thinking
• Analytical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Highly motivated
• Willingness to learn
Education and experience • Studying towards a relevant IT / Programming Degree at an Accredited Institution
• Studying towards a Microsoft and/or cloud related certifications, especially MCSD, MCPD or MCSE.
• Microsoft Azure Certification will be advantageous
• Knowledge of Exergy will be advantageous
• 5 years relevant IT support experience
• Experience in the financial services/insurance industry will be advantageous