more than 14 days ago
Reference: 6110 CW
Consultant: Carline Wium
* Contribute to the development of tax awareness throughout the group and liaise with other business functions in order to ensure tax compliance with the tax authorities.
* Enable efficient and accurate feeding processes, procedures and systems.
* A competent, qualified expert with the ability to stay abreast of changes in the tax landscape, communicate clearly and implement effectively in the business with a teamwork approach and eye for detail.
* Contribute to the group’s tax strategy, policies and special project matters. Develop the group tax function and ensure consistent reporting of the group’s tax position.
* Provide tax technical direction in developing and implementing the group tax strategy
* Tax Compliance
* Tax Risk Management
* Tax Planning
* Tax Audits and due diligence
* Development of Policies & Procedures
* Stay abreast of changes in the tax landscape for timeous roll out in the company systems and form sets, e.g. amendments to tax legislation, rates and effective dates.
* Plan, monitor, report and drive projects to implement new taxes, changes in processes or enhancements to reporting.
* Tax Administration
* Liaise effectively with IT in providing tax specifications for system solutions, ensuring the integrity of tax information in the ERP and supporting systems and implementing best practices.
* Tax and Financial Reporting
* Ability to speak Arabic (nice to have)
* High standard of written and spoken English and well-developed report-writing ability.
* At least 10 years in a financial accounting or tax position in a reputable multinational company.
* Experience in a multicultural team environment.
* Tax Exposure in Qatar, Middle East region or countries with proven similar tax regimes.
* Experience in relevant industries required - Steel, Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Refineries, Heavy Industries or Manufacturing only.
* Graduate in Finance / Accounting / Commerce with Tax as a major from a reputable university.
* A Chartered Accountant (CA) or recognized international professional qualification in Accounting and Tax (CPA, ACA, ACCA).
* Proven work experience and skills in tax management and compliance.
* Technical tax expertise in the international area, including transfer pricing, group structuring and mergers & acquisitions.
* Experience in Oracle or ERP systems.
* Knowledge of IFRS / accounting standards.
* Good skills and experience in MS Office, especially in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.