Warehouse Operations Supervisor - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
Our client, a commodity exporter based in Killarney Gardens, seeks to appoint an Operations Supervisor who will be responsible for overseeing all receiving and dispatch operations as well as manage all warehouse staff. Previous experience within a cold storage environment will be advantageous.
• Grade 12.
• Minimum 5 years’ operational experience in a production environment, warehouse environment and/or cold storage of fruit.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role is a requirement.
• Computer literate in MS office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
• Working knowledge of Paltrack will be advantageous.
• Forklift driver’s license and code 8 driver’s license is compulsory.
• Working in a cold temperature environment is a prerequisite for this position.
• The successful candidate will be expected to work shifts in line with operational requirements.
• Proficient in both English and Afrikaans.
• Ability to perform under pressure.
• Ensures that daily operational targets are met (intakes, shipping, stowing and inspections).
• Conducts the pre-shift meeting which includes the completion of an attendance register, the planning for the shift and any communication from Management.
• Ensures that pallets are correctly stowed, pre-staged and dispatched according to the client’s specifications and the Logistics Coordinator's instructions.
• Ensures that pre-shift checks are performed on all forklifts and recorded on Daily Inspection Report. Report any faulty or damaged equipment (forklifts, scanners, etc.).
• Ensures that the correct cold room and dispatch protocols and procedures are applied.
• Ensures equipment (e.g. forklift keys, scanners, etc.) is stowed in the correct position for quick access.
• Ensures that staff is operating according to relevant Health and Safety regulations and company operational requirements and procedures.
• Ensures cold room doors are immediately closed when work is completed in cold room.
• Ensures all force cooling tunnels are properly closed and opened when required.
• Ensures that stock-taking is performed and updated before the end of each shift. Reports all deviations/differences.
• Ensures sufficient housekeeping.
• Supervises and direct staff.
• Controls discipline on the shift and does frequent evaluations on staff's work performance.
Company offers: Competitive Salary, medical aid, provident fund, life cover