Warehouse Supervisor - Cape Town
The primary responsibility of the Warehouse Supervisor is to manage the day to day activities of the Cape Town warehouse and supervise the warehouse team.
Specifically, this means managing all movements of stock in and out in the Warehouse including picking orders for customers for dispatch, arranging deliveries/collections, picking/receiving stock transfers, receiving goods from Production & RM Stores, performing daily stock counts, investigating variances & non-conformances and ensuring the system records accurately match the physical stock.
In addition, the Supervisor is responsible for maintaining accurate records in the accounting system for raw materials, production work in progress & finished goods including the analysis of & investigation into variances.
The role includes (but is not limited to) the following additional responsibilities:
• Maintain Environmental, Health & Safety Standards (incl. Housekeeping);
• Monitor, maintain and ensure that Quality Management standards are adhered to at all times;
• Liaise and communicate with Procurement Officer, Courier Companies, Johannesburg Warehouse, RM Stores and Production
• Record Non-Conformance and investigate stock variances;
• Ensuring preventative maintenance activities are performed daily for all equipment;
• Monitor the temperature/humidity of the warehouse daily;
• Provide training to warehouse staff;
• Manage stock control within Macola (including daily bin transfers);
• Perform daily stock counts;
• Preparation of periodic reports;
• Identifying and implementing improvements to the warehouse processes;
• Manage the goods returned cage;
• Delivery of goods and general driving duties (as a backup);
• Support the Production Supervisor in co-ordinating and monitoring production including executing the monthly Production Plan