Warehouse Team Leader Receiving - Somerset West
more than 14 days ago
POSITION: Warehouse Team Leader
SITE: Corruseal Western Cape
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Maintain an orderly warehouse with accurate stock accounting and stock rotation (FIFO), provide efficient service to suppliers through effective receiving practices and support production activities by providing raw materials to each section accurately, timeously as per the production plan
REPORTING TO: Warehouse Manager
• Manage and co-ordinate the Warehousing
functions so that stock is identifiable, stock is
easily retrievable, stock is kept in good
condition, storage space is optimised, and
stock is rotated (FIFO).
• Coordinating and driving productivity
improvement plans in the Warehousing
Department as well as preventing the
generation of and subsequent reduction of
redundant and/or aged stock.
• Receive stock from Suppliers and ensuring
good governance of these processes,
quality inspections, ensuring required
offloading capacity is available, quick truck
• Ensure that cycle and stock counts are
carried out, variances identified, and
improvements implemented to prevent
further variances and losses.
• Reduction and elimination of all losses
(waste, damages, downtime and accounting
• Setting performance standards for all
suppliers and management of service
providers (e.g. logistics, clamp truck
• Ensuring effective control of all inbound
loads, i.e. vehicle inspection, inspections
• Improve receiving throughput efficiently, e.g.
by measurement and improvement of
• Eliminate production downtime caused by
non-supply of available material (adhere to
line- up, resources available).
• Stock accuracy (count and location) through
receiving and issuing.
• Efficient utilisation of warehouse space and
raw materials by reducing the generation of
part and butt reels, eliminate WIP left-
behinds and other production delays and
shortages related to raw materials as well as
developing and maintaining optimal
warehouse layout (minimise required travel
distance and maximise space utilisation
whilst maintaining ease of access).
• Eliminate damages to and losses of all stock.
• Custodian of ABACA system in the
• Leading the team with focus improvement
• Maintaining discipline and co-ordinate with
Warehouse Manager through daily reports.
• Submit Weekly and Monthly reports to the
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
• Computer literate
• Strong planning skills and exceeds in
executing the plan.
• Set up, monitor and control mass balances
over the processes.
• Forklift license with attachment (5 tons
• Good interpersonal and written and verbal
• Attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise, plan and organise
• Strong decision-making skills
• Able to be assertive and work under
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
• Matric or equivalent is essential
• Tertiary qualification in Logistics or Supply
Chain Management or similar advantageous.
• 4-6 years’ experience working in a
packaging manufacturer’s warehousing
functions, of which 3 years in a supervisory