Assistant Front Office Manager - Nelspruit
A beautiful hotel is looking for an Assistant Front Office Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
· Management of Reception STAFF through regular feedback, performance appraisals, identifying training needs and ensuring fair and equitable discipline is maintained.
· Assist with managing and overseeing the daily operations of the Front Office Department.
· Maintaining the required service standard and procedures for the Front Office Department.
· Operate the hotels Property Management System: Opera.
· Will be required to take live bookings enquiries and also follow through the hotels reservation procedure and standards.
· Handling and resolving GUEST queries and complaints.
· Maintain the reception desk by ensuring the Front Office Standards and Procedures are implemented within the department.
· Ensuring that the O status for the department are clean at all times.
· Complete various aspects of Front Office administration as directed.
· Matric (grade 12)
· National Diploma in Hospitality Management or similar qualifications would be advantageous.
· 2 – 3 year’s experience in an Assistant Front Office Managers role.
· Must be GUEST and service driven.
· Ability to work accurately and independently.
· Excellent planning and organisational skills.
· Time Management.
· Ability to meet strict deadlines
· Must be able to work shifts. Excellent leadership abilities.
· Computer literacy is essential (Micros, Opera, Word and Excel)
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Well groomed, presentable and professional manner.
· Good knowledge of all areas of the department, Concierge, Switch Board, Night Audit and Reception Desk and their functions.