Branch Manager - Durban
R 15 000 – R20 000 pm CTC profit share later
Purpose of this role:
- Assess local market conditions, identify current and prospective sales opportunities and develop forecasts, financials objectives and business plans for the branch.
Qualifications and Experience required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar position
- Ability to work under pressure
- Driven to achieve large profit margins
- Hunger to succeed
- Sales and Marketing background very beneficial
- Working Conditions
- Normal for a branch environment, challenging but rewarding for the individual that is looking to make a difference.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Develop and implement sales and profitability plans according to account management principles that ensure the development and maintenance of current customer database.
- Direct all operational aspects of the branch to include distribution operations, customer service, human resources, administration and sales in a manner that supports reaching the profitability goals.
- Ensure that all areas of work performance are properly directed and managed
- Provide training, coaching, development and motivation to bring out the best in each team member
- Take on the responsibility of orientation and evaluation of all employees.
- Oversee branch financial management
- Communicate effectively with other branches and senior managers by sharing information on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
- Maintain and enforce personnel policy
- Evaluate regularly the effectiveness of the branch operations, to see that policies are being observed and that goals are being attained, and take prompt effective action when need to correct and discrepancies.
- Participate actively in community, business and industry organizations to build a network of contacts to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and the company in the local community
- Achieve the profitability goals/objectives of the branch and organization
- Maintain proficiency in computerized systems and other technologies as required
- Increase knowledge and expertise in business environment
- Follow company policy and procedure
- Ensure that the premises is locked and secured in mornings and evenings