Brand Manager - Pretoria
Major Responsibilities include:
• Ensures the relevance of the brand’s identity, essence, vision, core values and mission.
• Manages projects on time and on budget as well as exhibits decision-making abilities around investment alternatives that mitigate risk and maximize return.
• Obsesses over consumers’ enduring motivations, cultural context, and the business landscape; leverages marketplace data and trends to more deeply understand our consumers at a human level.
• Strategically chart a course for the category, portfolio, and brand using data-driven decision-making; uses the various business planning cycles to build compelling stories to rally internal teams and customers.
• Works to produce continuous growth out of total Demand Generation currency; refreshes our brands for the modern era and scours the entire P&L to deliver what consumers value most.
• Leads team to create product strategy team that prioritizes powerful and rewarding sensorial experiences like superior taste and alluring packaging; exhibits passionate food and beverage curiosity pertaining to ingredients, techniques, and culinary vernacular.
• Partners with Sales and Customers to execute best-in-class strategy and win the sale in an Omni-channel environment; understands how to maximize the business at retail and collaborates to deliver results.
• Works to design personalized consumer experiences and tells compelling stories wherever and whenever content is consumed; brings the purpose of our brands to life with breakthrough creative in service of unlocking business growth.
• Champions Nestlé’s Ways of Winning (Speed, Agility, Collaboration, and Courage) with direct reports and colleagues. Leads by example to motivate and inspire direct reports and cross-functional teams supporting the brand to win with consumers.
Key Requirements and Skills:
• Minimum 3 years Marketing experience required.
• HND/BSc/BS/BA in Marketing or related field required; MBA/MSc or route essential
• Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods Industry (CPG) is preferred.
• Strong drive for results and ability to display leadership, decision-making and analytical skills, effective communication, strategic thinking, self-motivation, and a passion for the consumer.
• Experience developing strategic brand/product plans, such as communication campaigns and commercialization strategies.
• Experience leading marketing communication projects including digital and media strategies.
• Experience connecting with cross-functional teams and agency partners.
• Ability to influence and lead others, including those outside of the Marketing function.
• Aptitude for identifying consumer insights and transforming them into significant product and marketing innovation.
• Deep understanding of key P&L drivers.
• Demonstrate critical thinking by analyzing data and synthesizing learning into insights and action to drive strong business results.
• Strong sense of urgency, even when managing initiatives with long lead times.
• Adaptability and flexibility to meet changing priorities and adjust to different management styles.