Client Onboarding Specialist_Investment Asset Management - Pretoria
Salary R 25 000 pm
Reports to the General Manager
Background to the company and position
We are fast-growing boutique asset manager that specializes in share portfolio management of high net-worth individuals. We acquire many new individual clients who want to invest in our local and global share portfolios. The business has been rapidly expanding over the last 3 years, increasing its assets under management by 30%, annually.
Each client must complete various documents from various stockbrokers and intermediaries, for us to eventually earn a revenue from managing a client’s portfolio. The documents themselves are updated on a regular basis. For this reason, the individual in this position is considered a Client Onboarding Specialist, able to liaise with high net-worth clients, financial advisors, stockbrokers, the internal asset managers, and various intermediaries. This position plays a key role in terms of company profitability as delays in the application process directly impacts our bottom-line.
Currently, this position is mainly responsible for the completion of all the relevant documentation. However, this role should develop into a position that oversees multiple client onboarding specialists over the next couple of years.
- As Client Onboarding Specialist this role is mainly responsible for the accurate and timely onboarding of clients. This includes effective
support and communication with and between clients, advisors, stockbrokers, intermediaries, and asset managers.
- Client account management. This includes the ongoing management of each client’s account. Some of the specific duties include but is not
limited to: document management and maintenance, recording and communication of any portfolio flows, requests, and terminations.
- Assist the financial advisors and clients from the time of filling in documentation until the application is successfully completed and assets
are being managed by the company.
- Continuous reporting throughout the month concerning the flow of assets under management. This includes inflows and outflows, which is
needed for accurate and timely reporting and management of each client’s portfolio.
- To do this, the position requires effective communication, and the ability to understand the needs of advisors, clients, and the internal asset
- To maintain client records electronically and on hardcopy.
- Instruction to the asset management team once an account is opened at the stockbroker.
- Manage client liquidation requests between the relevant parties.
- Management of Investec CCM accounts. This includes, the loading of ad-hoc payment requests, monthly payments as well as sending
updated statements to clients upon request.
3 year B Comm. degree
- At least 3 years’ experience within the financial industry, and a total of 5 years in an administration role.
- Experience within a client service environment in the financial industry, preferably at an asset management company.
- Specialist knowledge about client onboarding procedures.
- Excellent understanding of the administrative processes in the financial industry. Especially in asset management.
- Understanding of how the asset management environment functions.
- Computer literate with a proven proficiency in MS Office.
- Relevant experience within a financial services industry as well as a strong understanding of financial markets and financial instruments.
- Business English.
- Understand Afrikaans, but not necessarily bi-lingual.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Accurate and organized with an eye for detail.
- Diligent and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills, with excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Friendly, emotionally mature and able to consistently be positive in your work environment.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- The ability to take ownership.
- Pro-active and can foresee the need to act before problems arise
- Provide a professional and appropriate service regarding queries
- Remain focused and client centric
- Self-motivated, pro-active and reliable.
Candidates that been shortlisted will contacted