Donor Relationship Manager NGO - Southern Suburbs
Do you love raising funds for a cause that makes a big impact and difference?
Do you have a passion for animals?
Well then this is an opportunity for you!
An animal welfare organization who relies heavily on donor funding to sustain both the animals and the running of the organisation, and therefore it is essential to maintain long term relationships with supporters and to create new opportunities to grow the database of people who will support this crucial operation. Working as part of the Fundraising team, this role is responsible for leading the donor retention strategy, as well as driving the recruitment of new and upgraded donors. It is essential that you have a passion for animals and can align yourself with the mission of the organisation
* Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form, particularly in English and Afrikaans
* Ability to be the primary point of contact for all supporter enquiries – and to provide quality supporter services such as “thank you” letters
* Be able to analyse data and trends to understand donor activity and behaviour, and improve effectiveness
* Provide support to the other team members to enhance their results and success (e.g. peer to peer fundraising, or events)
* Manage the telephone fundraising unit, including the development of systems, and controls for debit orders and lapsed donors
* Continually seek new methods to improve telephone interaction with donors and generation of increased funding.
* Excellent computer skills: Access, Excel, Word and Outlook
* Strong administrative and organisational skills, able to meet deadlines, and ability to plan ahead
* Ability to be an active member of the Fundraising team in terms of all functions and events that take place throughout the year