Engineering Mentors x 4 (3>5 year contract), Pretoria, R neg.
Our client in the Defence environment is looking for four (4) retired engineers who are passionate about the development of future engineers, who will act as Electronic/Mechanical Engineering mentors to a pipeline of science, engineering and technology candidates. You will be responsible to support and grow the development of pipeline... candidates and initiatives for future engineers within the group.
• A Bachelor’s degree in electronic or mechanical engineering.
• Extensive engineering experience.
• Extensive knowledge of engineering design, system engineering tools and engineering projects.
• Registered as a Professional Engineer with ECSA.
• A valid driver’s license.
• Ability to mentor and guide junior engineers.
• Ability to delegate projects to junior engineers.
• Good communication skills.
• Good presentation skills.
• Ability to travel nationally.
• Flexible working hours can be arranged.
• SA Citizenship is required for this position.
• Attract and support the development of high calibre engineering bursars.
• Participate in outreach initiatives for SET pipeline students and school visits.
• Act as a mentor to junior engineers and students.
• Develop and coordinate a structured vacation training programme in partnership with group’s engineers.
• Support the development and skills in the following:
o Digital and analogue design including:
In complex, high-speed digital design.
Programmable logic design using VHDL.
Simulations to verify design functions.
o Exposure to debugging and verification, which entails:
Use of state-of-the-art equipment to debug designs.
Formal functional verification.
Formal acceptance testing.
System and sub-system integration.
Complete acceptance test reports.
o Configuration and quality management;
o Technical report writing and presentation skills; and
o Induction into the engineering career in the defence industry.
• Provide junior engineers with opportunities to work on real projects.
• Assist with career development of candidate engineers.