Events Coordinator - Cape Town
Working in collaboration with Human Resources and Facilities Management, this exceptional individual will provide a seamless service in the planning, costing, scheduling, coordinating and evaluating of all DIGI’s special corporate events, both internally, and externally.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Consult with clients about events and offer suggestions to ensure their requests can be met (requires remaining abreast of venue, dining and entertainment options – locally and internationally)
• Negotiate the type and costs of services to be provided, in line with a budget (requires a thorough ability to work with budgets and costing)
• Organise the venue and ensure that it is appropriately set up, with regard to seating and décor (requires the ability to manage suppliers of services and goods; as well as project manage all deliverables to align perfectly)
• Consult with vendors, venues and suppliers to ensure adequate staff members are provided, and with catering staff to plan menus (planning and organising)
• Consult with service providers such as entertainers and transport companies (requires intricate knowledge of the event and entertainment industry)
• Coordinate staff to ensure the programme of events occurs on time (for example, speeches and the serving of food and refreshments)
• Oversee work by contractors and report on variations to work orders
• Find solutions to any problems that arise concerning services or programmes provided
• Advise senior management on matters requiring their attention and implement their decisions
• Follow up with suppliers and finance to arrange payment and, after the event, to evaluate the service provided
• Collect and analyse data on projects undertaken, and report on project outcomes.
• Coordinate the Charity Committee – identify and support a different charity each month.
• Major Events:
o Staff annual year-end function (1500+ guests);
o Annual calendar of staff functions – sporting, wellness days, charity events, etc.
o Any initiative that affects the whole company is coordinated by the EC
• 3 – 5 years relevant corporate event management experience
• Relevant tertiary qualification
• Knowledge and experience of all aspects of the events and logistics, catering, presentation, customer service and marketing
• Computer literate with Intermediate Excel Proficiency
• Maintain high standard of professionalism and integrity
• Excellent customer service skills to deal with enquiries and complaints
• Sound judgement and decision making
• Sound planning and organisation skills
• Possesses strong, meticulous and analytical skills
• Critical thinking and problem solving ability
• Excellent interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to negotiate, delegate and work under pressure
• Good team player
• Able to work independently and efficiently in a highly pressurised environment with tight schedules
This position requires trust and honesty as it has access to financial details - therefore a credit and criminal record check will be conducted.
The qualifications identified herein are an inherent job requirement, therefore a qualification verification check will be done.
By applying for this role, and supplying the necessary details, you hereby grant us permission to apply for these checks. This will be done in a confidential manner, and solely for the purposes of verification.