Executive Chef Dynamic, High End Catering - Rivonia
Start Date: ASAP
Join this young and dynamic catering organisation that commits itself to catering excellence. Through their professionalism, passion, experience and flair all the food products and services meet, and go beyond their clients’ extremely high standards and expectations. The food style is refined and elegant, and cater to a variety of events, from sit down dinners to large scale corporate functions.
What are the key responsibilities of the position?
- Daily running and management of a kitchen team consisting of 7 people
- Assist in all aspects of fine dining plated functions and events
- Taking responsibility for and executing on location events
- Direct client liaison
- Handling of menu planning and menu tastings
- Staff management and Rota’s
- Stock control and ordering
What type of experience do we require?
- Minimum 5 years experience in an up-market catering environment
- Fine Dining food preparation and plating experience essential
- Large Scale production experience a plus
Which qualifications will secure this position?
Two year accredited cooking diploma
SACA Membership would be beneficial
Driver’s License and vehicle
What skills / behaviours are required?
- Good understanding of international food trends – highly Creative!
- Very organized and responsible
- Strength of character essential for management of staff
- Must be well presented
- Able to perform under pressure and handle irregular working hours during high season
- Energy and passion for the industry must shine through
- Patience and willingness to guide/teach & motivate staff
Why should you apply for this position?
Cater to large weddings and corporate events, for high-end, discerning clientele. Creativity appreciated.
Please ensure that you provide the following information with your application:
- Photograph – Head and shoulders picture, in low resolution format for our database
- Start and End dates for all previous employment
- Written references that you have available
- Current contact telephone numbers and email addresses for all previous employers, for referencing purposes.
Due to high volumes of CV’s received, should you not hear from us within seven working days of sending your application, please consider your application for this particular position unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in future.
Please note that we are not able to accept any application if a valid work permit is not held.