Experienced Business Analyst - Cape Town
About the company:
Established in 2006, the company is highly recognised and influential within the e-Commerce industry. Holding the Service Level Agreement with high end European clients, the company offers Customer Support, Risk Control / Fraud Prevention and Financial Services. Increased market share, has brought about vast growth. The company is comprised of young, vibey, highly driven and intelligent employees who operate in a fast paced environment. We are currently looking for an experienced Business Analyst to work from our Cape Town office.
The successful candidate will have the support needed from the UK office, but will be required to be self-motivated and able to self-manage due to the rest of the Business Analysis team being in the UK office.
SAL: Negotiable depending on experience
The successful candidate profile will include:
• Elicit business requirements using a variety of methods, including: interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
• Critically evaluate information gathered into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishing user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artefacts as needed (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document). Iii. Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface design).
• Utilize your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
• Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
• Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
• Serves as the intermediary between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software developments team through which requirements flow.
• Develop requirements specifications and deadlines according to standard templates, using natural language.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
• Be the liaison between the business units, technology team and support teams.
• Accurately complete and submit status reports in a timely manner.
• Good analytical skills and exceptional knowledge in the business domain are a must
• Technical background
• Degree in Computer Engineering Information Systems or Process / Business Engineering or equivalent
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Visio needed) and exposure to MS SharePoint
• Display a positive attitude
• Demonstrate flexibility in day-to-day work
• Set high standards of performance for oneself
• Actively apply feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance
• Comply with all our policies and procedures