Freelance DTP Operator/ Finished Artist - Cape Town
Translate artwork into digital files ready for print: check, prepare and relay out all print work.
• Review briefs and verify that all the files as supplied are workable, that images are usable and potential issues are identified and communicated
to the Studio Manager and/or to the Project Managers in writing.
• Manage deadlines: prioritise work and flag schedule clashes timeously.
• Provide input as to the technical viability of the brief and/or artwork and suggest alternative workable solutions as and when required.
• Follow Hogarth Print Studio workflow and production processes and procedures.
• Produce, resize and adapt artwork whilst maintaining creative integrity.
• Apply CI and brand guidelines to brief.
• Where possible work ahead of schedules to allow sufficient time to accommodate unforeseen challenges and unscheduled changes. Where
schedules are to be impacted, advise Studio Manager/Project Managers timeously so deadline may be revised.
• Quality control own work before printing colour proofs.
• Action changes to brief and artwork as per client instructions as well as make any necessary corrections as detected by the QC.
• Ensure that print-ready files are set up correctly and are technically accurate when supplied to print.
• Client liaison: ensure professional levels of communication and conduct when dealing with external clients and creatives.
• Continually develop and define new ways to increase standard of output and client satisfaction.
• Maintain open communication channels and supply up-to-date information to the relevant internal stakeholders.
• Troubleshoot issues and flag possible creative and technical challenges.
• Make sure administration is up to date i.e. Chase and COSMOS.
Competencies, skills and knowledge:
• Print related qualification or apprenticeship
• Skilled in multiple design applications such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and especially InDesign)
• Excellent understanding of print processes, specifications, profiles and PDF workflows
• Experience of POS and POP
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Team player
• Ability to keep calm and exercise sound judgement under pressure
• Good at relationship building
• Solution focused
• Effective time management
• Flexible with regards to working hours