Head of Marketing: Wellness - Sandton
• Holds primary accountability for the Marketing function of the Wellness Portfolio and any associated new brands which may be introduced.
Works closely with the Managing Director of Ascendis Wellness Division to lead strategy, goals, market growth, and to develop and
implement plans. To manage the KPI’s of the subordinates to ensure that the overall objectives of the department are reached in line with
• Brand portfolio for Wellness
• Brand strategy & management
• Brand development (NPD)
• Brand communication and execution
• Brand compliance
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Develop brand strategies to maximise sales and profits of the portfolio:
- To develop and implement the category strategy aligned to the company vision and stakeholder objectives, which will deliver both short
and long term growth and profitability to the Wellness division.
• Implement brand strategies:
- Integrate above strategies, plans and objectives into an annual Portfolio and Brand Plans setting out objectives and strategies per
brand, to include product launches, promotions, and consumer communication campaigns.
- Drive Implementation across all the elements of the Portfolio and Brand Plans, monitor results achieved and direct response to any
changes to plans or in the marketplace.
- Develop a strong 360 campaigns to achieve the portfolio and brand objectives as per the plans.
- Manage resources allocated to achieve sales and profit objectives.
- Conduct post-launch evaluation analysis of major programs.
• Recommend and implement pricing strategies in conjunction with the Customer Channel Manager as required to meet sales and profit
- A thorough knowledge of the market price levels by conducting competitor analysis on an annual basis.
- Develop the annual pricing strategy in line with the Portfolio objectives.
- Monitor product profitability and adjust pricing where necessary to ensure optimum profitability.
- Timeous communication of pricing strategies to relevant departments.
• Forecasting and stock management:
- Work close the Business Planning Manager and Customer Channel Manager to ensure planning accuracy and appropriate inventory
- Monitor and act on changing demand patterns.
- Communicate product promotional plans.
- Implement strategies to dispose of excess/redundant inventory.
- Review monthly brand data and budget results with Finance and Managing Director to proactively remedy potential problems.
• Product portfolio management:
- Understand the consumer and market needs.
- Drive brand rationalisation annually to improve margins and reduce complexity.
• Market and competition landscape:
- Work closely with the Sales and Ops team to investigate and understand competitor strengths, weaknesses and activities and direct the
division's response to these.
- Maintain accurate and up to date competitor product evaluations.
- Obtain information from the market through direct contact and with Sales teams.
• Manage agencies:
- Approve Media Strategy
- Monitor Advertising Development
- Manage Agency Relationships
INNOVATION - BRAND DEVELOPMENT
• Work closely with Ascendis Health R&D manager to deliver a robust NPD pipeline that meets or leads competition and supports the Portfolio
• This involves:
- Manage Ideas Generation Workshops
- Follow Up on Innovation Opportunities
- Apply the Innovation Funnel
• Assess the feasibility of NPD, market potential and price positioning.
• Manage and co-ordinate product upgrades and regulatory compliance and related responsibilities from inception to first production.
• Work closely with all other departments to ensure a timely launch of new products.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Developing the annual Education & Expert strategy for the Wellness Portfolio.
• Managing the annual training plans and Expert Line-up Grid.
• Develop annual the Customer Service strategy through process development and Customer Complaint reviews.
• Management and conformance to approved SOP.
• Collaborate with all partners to identify opportunities for streamlining operations, reducing costs, and enhancing efficiency of brand
• Conduct P&L analysis where relevant to marketing function.
• Identify opportunities and risks and develop recommendations and initiatives.
LEAD AND DEVELOP PEOPLE
• Provide leadership, guidance, and management to the Marketing/PR & R&D team.
• Articulate a compelling mission beyond the day-to-day tasks – in a way that inspires others to follow.
• Act with integrity – honour commitments, take responsibility for decisions, and behave consistently.
• Establish high workplace operating standards and values.
• Set performance objectives for direct reports (where applicable).
• Provide direction. Clearly communicate priorities and required results.
• Provide coaching, constructive feedback, development opportunities, and recognition to direct reports.
• Work with Ascendis Health Wellness MD and Human Resource Manager (where applicable) to ensure appropriate staffing and establish performance management and development initiatives.
• Identify opportunities to develop high potential staff.
• Influence others to achieve difficult goals.
• Resolve conflicts and negotiate win-win solutions.
• Shape environment to foster open communication and teamwork.
• Elicit diverse points of view and acknowledge views and contributions of others.
• Maintain appropriate communication within and between the different functional areas of the brand and the Ascendis Company.
• 3 to 4 years B Comm/Marketing degree or equivalent Marketing qualification
• 8 years FMCG / Pharmacy experience ( Complementary Medicines /Vitamins & Supplements industry will be advantageous)
• Demonstrable evidence of required Embedded Knowledge and Competencies
• Solve Problems
• Implement a Planning Process
• Deliver a Presentation
• Apply Leadership Techniques
• Manage Project Management Process
• Manage Personal Development
• Work in Teams
• Conduct Situational Analysis
• Develop Strategic Plan
• Develop and Monitor Activity Plan
• Develop and Manage Brand Mix
• Identify and Develop Innovation Opportunities
• Maintain Brand Equity
• Manage Brand Communication Strategy and Process
• Computer skills (MS Office)
• Analytical skills
• Oral and written communication skills
Closing date will be the 2nd October 2018
Should you not be contacted within two weeks of your application being submitted, please consider your application unsuccessful.